Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Just don't ask me if I like Green Eggs and Ham.

So I'm Samantha Machado, but I prefer to be called Sammi. I'm 20 and just recently got married (June 4 of this year). I was born in North Carolina, raised in Hawaii, moved back to NC when I was about 5, then stayed there until I graduated high school. Due to family reasons, I moved up here to Rhode Island and I've loved it ever since. I attended the Community College of Rhode Island for a semester, then took a break before coming to RIC. At first I was planning on majoring in Music Education, but due to some personal realizations, I switched to Elementary Education. So far my semester is going fine; I like most of my classes and that's always a plus.
You'll find that I'm an extreme music lover, even going so far as to say it controls my life. I sing and am currently teaching myself how to play the guitar and master the piano. My husband is learning the bass with my help. When I'm not in class, I'm either on Tumblr, singing, or working. I'm a barista at the Starbucks that recently opened up in the Smithfield Crossings Target. I'm very enthusiastic about my job, and if you stop by for a drink, chances are I'll convince you to try something new! I like to chat with people, so don't be afraid to talk to me (:

1 comment:

Lang Prum said...

Hi Sammi! You are very interesting! Raised in Hawaii, lived in NC, and now here in good old RI and you love piano. I taught myself piano so i';m probably better at improving and can't read music haha. Whenever I see a piano I REALLY want to play it. Especially the ones I can't touch!