Sunday, October 9, 2011

A very interesting link I came across...

http://www.advocate.com/equality-guide/rhode-island/
As it says on the website: "Use this map to find out if your state offers protections against employment discr

imination based on sexual orientation and gender identity." I thought it was extremely relevant due to our discussions in class. Here's what it has to say on Rhode Island:
Same-Sex Relationship RecognitionCivil unions available since 2011
Workplace RightsProhibits discrimination based on sexual orientation since 1995; prohibits discrimination based on gender identity since 2001

I just thought it was a pretty nifty website and thought I'd share with the class!

1 comment:

Sarah Zanni said...

Yesterday when I was with my sweetie on our way to a concert we passed by a group of people that wore a white paper bag on their head. one boy and one girl. on the bag was written the phrase "I was born a girl" or "I was born a boy". Now that got me thinking because they wern't very old, only between about 12 and 14. this really kinda showcased the fact that as teachers we will be dealing with kids who identify differently.